Happy Monday! Here’s a few magical ways to start the week…
1. Head outside for a nature scavenger hunt. If you like, make it an alphabet hunt and try to find items that start with each letter of the alphabet (this little wooly bear caterpillar could count for W!).
2. Let the kids pick out your clothes for the day and style your hair– with complete freedom! Go to at least one public place, if possible.
3. Have the kids draw with markers or crayons just using their feet. It may help to tape down the paper on the floor.
4. Tape a length of string at net level, blow up a balloon, and have a family game of volleyball inside.
5. Make a felt no-sew playhouse like this one to slip over a card table. Isn’t it the most fabulous project ever? Hey, even I can tie knots! ;) I absolutely love it.
6. Plan a talent night one night a week after supper where every family member (yes, you too!) has to do something to entertain the others. If you like, have everybody vote which act was best and use a silly hat as a crown for the nightly winner.
7. Make some photo puppets from toilet paper tubes like these from No Time for Flashcards.
8. Tape strips of crepe paper (or toilet paper) from the ceiling in part of the kids’ room (or the living room!) to make a mini hideaway for a day.
9. Make some lovely hand and scrunched tissue trees like this from Paper Crafts for Children.
10. Get outside and enjoy the changing of the seasons, whichever seasons you happen to be in!
And with that, I’m off to snuggle a small boy with a bad dream.
Have a wonderful week! Don’t forget to take care of you!