Tag Archives: assignments
What fun! ParentMap Magazine has this assortment of fun things to do this month….
Including our giant ice suncatcher.
Head on over and see what strikes your fancy.
Should you choose to accept it…
Find a few minutes to do something really nice for yourself. Buy yourself a couple of truffles at the check-out and go enjoy them on the porch swing. Take a relaxing bath with a magazine. Call a friend who makes you feel fabulous. You get the idea! Extra credit if you come back and tell me what you did! 🙂
Yes, assignments! Bet you didn’t know there would be homework when you wandered in! 🙂
Please do at least one of the following:
- Get down on the floor to play.
- Build something, paint something or otherwise create something.
- Give your child at least 10 hugs and/or kisses.
- Do something nice for somebody else’s child.
- Do something nice for you.
- Laugh like a fool.
- Frame some of your child’s art and display it where it will make you smile.
- Just sit and talk with your child.
- Make silly faces at your kids and then play innocent when they look.
- Leave a comment with an assignment of your own.
Extra credit if you do more than one! Do not do all ten. No perfectionism allowed. 🙂
is to do one or more of the following:
1. Cancel something you didn’t really want to do.
2. Crawl in bed with your kiddo(s) and read a pile of wonderful books together.
3. Make something tasty together.
4. Occupy the kids long enough to buy yourself time to soak in the bath.
5. Wear jingle bells on your ankles.
6. Call someone who makes you feel happy.
7. Buy yourself a Christmas present. Open it right away.
8. Give a hundred hugs today.
9. Leave a comment that will help cheer me up. 🙂
10. Do something today that you’ll remember 10 years from now
with a smile.
Extra credit if you do more than one!
Extra, extra credit if you tell me about them!
We’re at Grandma and Grandpa’s house for a few days while we volunteer at a wonderful outdoor history program for kids. I only have a moment on the in-laws’ computer so I thought I’d check in and give a quick assignment! I can’t help it, it’s the homeschool mom in me. 😉
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to do one or more of the following!
- Find a small child and tell him 3 reasons you love him.
- Find a small child and tell her you have been ordered to give her all the hugs she wants, any number she likes!
- Make random silly faces at the kids.
- Put birthday candles in dinner. Relight them lots.
- Play chase with the kids until you’re out of breath.
- Do anything with a small child that will make you laugh so much you have tears in your eyes.
- Leave a comment on this post about something magical you’ve done lately or want to do.
- Leave a comment on this post about anything at all. Really, there are like 3 people who ever comment and it makes me weep and sob nearly daily. You should see me. I’m a mess and the children haven’t eaten in weeks from the stress! (Okay, maybe all that is not quite true except about the 3 people, but I’m lonely here! I like people! I feel a bit like I’m sitting in a dark room at times!)
Well, enough of that. A certain 11 year-old just dropped a toddler on me and announced, "You caused him, you keep him." See if I give her babysitting references!
Happy Friday! See you soon!
Daryl read in a book once that "September is the month of winds and magic." I’ve never been a big fan of September because it marks the end of summer and the eventual coming of winter. Here in Minnesota we don’t always get much autumn in between! But I have to admit it has grown on me, especially since hearing that quote.
We have been insanely busy, and I imagine everybody else has been too. This is just too nice of a month to zip through, though, and it’s almost over!
So here’s my little assignment for all of us.
Slow down. Go walking. Play in leaves (or dirt, if you’re in the southern hemisphere!). Take pictures. Breathe. Play outside. Pay attention to the colors and the sounds and the magic of this amazing month.
It is magical. Let’s not sleepwalk through it, no matter how much laundry there is and how many obligations we’ve signed up for.
Will you join me in a little magic making???? Please do, and let me know how it goes!