We got our first white stuff of the year this weekend, whether we were ready or not. The kids had a fabulous time having snowball fights and playing with it, though you really can’t tell from this picture of Alex! Victoria took it, and apparently his siblings forgot to find him a hat, poor boy! :)
It generally takes a while for kids to ever tire of good old fashioned playing in the snow, but if your kids are looking for some new things to do with it, here’s 10…
- Spray paint it with colored water.
- Pack it into recycling bins to make giant bricks for forts.
- Make snow aliens and snow beasts. Don’t forget extra eyes and antennas!
- Make snow ice cream.
- Bring it inside, packed in a plastic box or cake pan, and let the kids color it with dried out markers.
- Scoop up some very clean stuff and drizzle it with slightly diluted fruit juice concentrate for homemade (healthy) snow cones
- Make watercolor snowballs.
- Pack it in pie pans and give the kids colored water and eye droppers to make beautiful designs in it.
- Bring a big pan of it into the bath.
- Or do all of these snow related activities that require no snow at all!
Now, who’s up for some cocoa? :)