I’m a little late on this week’s list, since we’re right smack in the middle of birthday season. Jack turned 8 on Saturday, Victoria turned 13 yesterday, and Alex turns 4 tomorrow. The birthdays are going well though, and I’m beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel!
Here’s a few ways to make some magic with your kiddos this week…
1. Make up a couple dozen fortunes and stash them in cereal boxes, snacks, the cookie jar, etc. Make some especially silly (Beware of odd rabbits today. You will have a monkey on your head….) and some sappy (Your mama loves you more than peanut butter cups. I’m proud of you…). Slip some in drawers and leave some for your sweetie, too.
2. Use face paints to transform your kids into fairies and other mystical creatures. Here’s some sweet inspiration or you can just wing like we do.
3. Get inspired by the Land Art for Kids pool at Flickr and head out to make your own with your kiddos. Be sure to take pictures!
4. Dig around for old costume jewelry that you can take apart and hang it from the lights and in the windows. If you have any glass prisms, hang them to catch the light and scatter rainbows in the morning. Drape old pearls and beads in surprising places.
5. Make a back yard obstacle course.
6. Pack a simple picnic and go someplace peaceful or whimsical to enjoy it.
7. Go art jumping! Be sure to send the pictures in to the blog too!
8. Make a new outgoing message for your answering machine or voice mail together. Make it especially sweet, sappy or silly.
9. Try to hold your dinner conversation in pig latin.
10. Make a fun portable hammock with a sheet and two grown ups
holding the corners. Swing your favorite little person in the middle of it.
And with that, my dears, I’m off to pretend I know what’s for dinner and set about making it.
Have a magical week!
5 responses to “10 Ways to Make Today Magical”
My parents used to swing us in the sheets and now I do it with my boys. We have alot of mud right now, so we paint with mud, have mudball fights, squish it between our toes, and get so dirty that we have to hose off before we come inside! Love your blog and don’t worry, I think we all understand being late! : )
Happy Birthday Week everyone 😀
I am truly in love with your posts and ideas of being with children – it’s like you never lost what most of us have, our inner child. I am just learning how to play with my kids and your ideas let me have fun too, not just feel like a parent, but like one of them too. Just wanted to say thanks.
Oh! I chuckled with this post! Love every idea as well!!! 🙂
I found your blog entirely by accident and I am so happy I did. I love all the ideas. Thanks for all the neat suggestions.