I’m back from my blogging hiatus. Daryl is recovering well from his hip replacement surgery. It will still be some time before he’s fully mobile, but it’s all going great so far.
Here’s a few ways to make some memories with your kids this week.
1. If you’re lucky enough to live in the right climate, go maple syrup tapping. This is a can’t-miss experience for those of us who live near sugar maple trees this time of year (here’s info for Minnesotans on how to find sites that are doing it and others can google their states for locations and info).
2. Use recycled newspaper to make plantable muffin tin pots for seedlings. Visit Hands are full, Hearts are full for the wonderful tutorial.
3. Make some whimsical finger puppets. Check out das-wolkenschaf’s photostream for more wonderful inspiration.
4. Tape a length of string across the room as a net and play balloon volleyball inside.
5. Do some nature studies. This is the perfect time of year for lots of spring nature fun. Here’s ten ideas to get you started.
6. Buy or make a blank book and start a family cookbook. Make up a new recipe for it each week together. Some good simple dishes include smoothies, soups and jazzed up grilled sandwiches. Encourage the kids to think up really fabulous names for each recipe.
7. Make a painter’s tape maze and then have the kids dribble or kick a ball through it.
(Original source unknown)
8. Make a sticky spider web. Hands on as we Grow came up with this wonderful activity where you make a painter’s tape spiderweb and throw newspaper balls at it and try to make them stick.
9. Make some hand puppets from old stuffed animals.
10. Let the kids play with their food! Give them an assortment of fruit pieces and let them go nuts. This idea is courtesy of my son, Jack. He and his little brother even set up a store and made everybody fake money so we could all buy the ones we liked! Look at the lovely creations my boys made this morning. 🙂
And with that, my pretties, I’m off to tackle the next 99 things on my to-do list. Have a wonderful week!