I was working on a post today in honor of those lost last Friday. It was taking me a long time and our house is chaotic at the moment (five kids, who’d guess there would be chaos?). I realized how backwards that was, so I am putting off that post and I am going to go spend time with my children.
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to pick any three to do today:
- Do something magical with your children (there are over a hundred previous lists tagged “ways to make the day magical” if you need inspiration).
- Donate to a children’s charity in honor of those who were lost.
- Do something really nice for yourself.
- Do a random act of kindness with your kids.
- Make a wonderful, happy mess with your kids and then put on wacky clothes and happy music to clean it up together.
- Count your blessings.
- Snuggle your kids and let them know how much you love them.
My thoughts are with all those who are grieving today.