Happy Monday! Sorry I keep disappearing for so long! Since I didn’t have nearly enough things to keep me frazzled, I decided to take part in NaNoWriMo this year and I’ve been writing a book all month, too! Fifty thousand words takes a bit of time, it turns out. 😉
In any case, here’s a few ways to make a little magic this week…
1. Grab some leftover Halloween face paints (or makeup) and do face painting with the kids.
2. Bake cookies for loved ones and decorate them with words representing all the things you love about them.
3. Sit and draw crayon portraits of each other. No artistic talent necessary. Display the finished masterpieces.
5. Make a fun portable hammock with a sheet and two grown ups
holding the corners. Swing your favorite little person in the middle of it.
6. Hide funny little notes all over the house. See how long it takes for people to find them all.
7. Take fun family photos of your shadows.
8. Climb a tree together and do something up there (homework, read a book, sit and talk, have a snack…).
9. Look at the moon through binoculars.
10. Get a blank book and encourage all of the family members to write, draw, etc. it in every day or two as a sweet family memento.
And with that, chickadees, I’m off to a play date at a library and a stack of to-do cards bigger than my head. 🙂
Have a magical week!