It’s a busy week for us. Jack turned 9 yesterday. Victoria turned 14 today. Victoria has surgery tomorrow (she has a mass on her jaw that doctors need to investigate and remove). Alex turns 5 the next day (yes, 3 of our 5 kids have birthdays the same week!). The next day, we leave for Minneapolis and the next day we are taking part in a historic presentation (Daryl will be teaching folks how to use the telegraph!). The next day, we’re bringing a wonderful friend of Victoria’s back home to stay with us for a week.
I’m trying not to think too much about all the things I have to do!
But in the meantime, I’m making up a to-do list of the fun stuff to be sure to accomplish in the next week or two besides the birthday fun and family adventures.
I want to try to…
- Go hiking
- Go bike riding
- Have some messy fun
- Try out our new water wall outside
- Set up a bathtub water wall inside
- Make lots of healthy treats
- Do more art
- Read oodles of books to the little kids and the big ones
- Spend more time in nature
- Lie in the sun
- Have a picnic for lunch (even in the back yard)
- Play with the dog
- Play in the dirt (I mean garden)
We’ll see how much we get to. But I’ll be happy if we just find some time to have a little extra fun.
What’s on your to-do list for fun next week?