Here’s a fun little activity my girls and I made up yesterday. Newspaper acting!
I grabbed a copy of our local newspaper and a few junk mail flyers and challenged them to read lines in all different types of voices. For instance, Victoria read a sentence about a basketball game as if it were an ad for a horror movie. Anna read a sentence about a city council meeting as if it were heartbreaking news. I read a sentence about a budget proposal with terrible rage. 🙂
Want to play along? Just grab some really boring or random reading materials like newspapers, ads and magazines. Even homework pages would work!
Here’s some suggested voices and styles:
- As if it’s the funniest thing you’ve ever read
- Like an action movie preview
- In the voice of an evil genius
- With great rage
- As if you’re heartbroken
- With a strong, funny accent
- As if it’s a children’s book for very young kids
- As if you’re super excited
- With terrible sorrow
- As if it’s a line in a romance movie
- Like you’re terribly scared
We had so much fun doing this! We were all laughing like crazy and the girls have asked repeatedly to do some more.