Here’s a few ways to make some memories with your kiddos this week………
1. Make a fun family message on the answering machine together.
2. Head to a pet store and spend some time with the fishes, birdies and beasties.
3. Have a fashion show with the silliest fashions you can think of (courtesy of Victoria).
4. Go gather some pine cones (or whatever is similar in your part of the world) and bring them home to craft with them. Cover them with glue, glitter, sequins and multicolored paint to display them all over the house and as ornaments. Nothing is more fun to your average small child than getting to make gluey, glittery, multi-colored messes!
5. Have a board game night (No need to go broke doing it –we picked up Cranium, Jenga and Don’t Spill the Beans for under $2 each at a thrift store last week!).
6. Make some of these lovely glue suncatchers, from tales from a corner house.
7. String cranberries and popcorn for the birds.
8. Head outside to do a photo shoot. Put the kids in charge of choosing how and where to pose!
9. Do the polka, hokey pokey, macarena or another silly dance together.
10. Got Friday off? Instead of spending it in crowded stores, stay home and spend the day together. Watch movies, pop popcorn, bake treats, make crafts, whatever. Start the holiday season doing something you love with people you love.
Whatever you do this week, make sure to find some ways to treat yourself.
Hug your kiddos, count your blessings and don’t forget to take care of you!