Happy Monday! Here’s a few ways to make some fun with your kiddos this week…
1. Do you live in an area where the trees don’t change colors? Gather some fabric or ribbons in autumn colors and tear them into short strips, then decorate a tree in your yard. Tie on the red, yellow and orange fabric and make your own whimsical fall colors.
2. Make miniature caramel apples. Cut apples into chunks and skewer them on toothpicks. Put out bowls of dips (like caramel, nut butters and honey cream cheese) and toppings (like chopped nuts, coconut and mini chocolate chips) and let the kids mix and match flavors.
3. Make over a kiddie car. Isn’t this fabulous? Pink and Green Mama shows you how.
4. Have the kids put on a performance on video and email it to a loved one.
5. Jump off a cliff. Okay, a really small one. It sounds silly, but you wouldn’t believe how much fun our kids had with some friends jumping off this big rock last week. They tried to jump in sync for pictures and wanted to do it again and again!
6. Make some Hot Pumpkin Almond Milk for the kiddos and Pumpkin Lattes for you!
7. Use markers to draw little faces on your child’s toenails.
8. Rake some giant piles of leaves and jump in them together. Yes, you too!
9. Make some Autumn Leaf Bowls. Red Ted Art shows you how.
10. Whip up some scratch ‘n sniff Halloween paint. Just mix one packle of grape kool-ade and one packet of orange with a few spoonfuls of water each. The grape will look black when it’s concentrated and the orange will be nice and bright. Each color will smell fruity when you scratch them later too!
And with that, my pretties, I’m finally off to bed.
Kiss your sweeties, count your blessings and don’t forget to take care of you!