Happy Monday! It’s the start of a whole new week and lots more chances to make some magic with our kiddos. Here’s a few ideas for how to do it…
1. Take part in the Shoot-Along Challenge at Giver’s Log. Take a picture at your house at the exact same time each day for a week and capture the real essence of your days together.
2. Find a really old cookbook and make a meal fit for an old fashioned family (the menu below is from an old train dining car!). Some of the intriguing recipes we’ve found include Porridge, Lone Ranger Sandwiches, Creamed Chicken in Potato Nests and Jumbo Prunes with Cream. Some sounded more tempting than others!
3. Get out the good china and have a fabulous, fancy meal. Even mac and cheese and a salad is fabulous and fancy on good china!
4. Print out some positive printables. There’s lunch box cards, you are loved cards, posters and more.
5. Hide Easter eggs all over the house with random little notes, trinkets and prizes in them. Don’t tell anybody — just wait for them to be discovered.
6. Make crab-apple cider.
7. Secretly write letters to three of your child’s favorite stars (singers, actors, whatever) and ask for autographed photos. Hopefully at least one will write back!
8. Get inspired by A Dress a Day and remake some tacky old dresses into something funky and fabulous.
9. Make homemade puffy paint.
10. Eat lunch or supper with all sorts of weird props– eat off lids and frisbees, use ladles and tongs to eat with, serve soup from a tea pot, drink from clean ketchup containers… Get creative!
Have a magical week!