It’s hard to imagine what it must be like to be an orphaned child, but add an HIV diagnosis to that and things get even gloomier.
Enter Positively Orphaned. This inspirational blog gives readers opportunities to help these children, from small (children post what they’d love to have, such as roller skates or a guitar) to large (profiles of children who are awaiting adoption).
The site offers a wealth of information like:
- Grants and funding available for adoptive families
- HIV medical information
- Children in need of homes
- Foster families looking for sponsorship
- Summer camps for HIV kids
- Foster and adoption web sites
- Family blogs of others who have adopted HIV kids
- Fact sheets
- Lists of books, films and organizations with more info
- Health resources
- A list of HIV orphanages
- Links to humanitarian organizations
- Information about supplementing health care costs
- Sites to sponsor an HIV child
- Articles and personal stories about adopting HIV orphans
All children deserve a magical childhood. Thanks to this wonderful blog for helping that happen for more children around the world.