Happy Monday! How can it be the start of another week already? The end of summer is flying by! Here’s ten ways to make the most of it before it’s gone!
1. Hand out permanent markers and plain white socks, and let the kids make some fun feet! Check out these cuties that Victoria made for Alex!
2. Put out a box of all sorts of wonderful art materials you don’t always let the kids use and let them do anything they want with it. Consider fun items like scrapbooking papers, glitter, glue dots, paint, cardstock shapes and feathers. Then just let the mess (and magic) unfold.
3. Gather up an empty spray bottle and some essential oils or other favorite scents and help the kids make custom air fresheners.
4. Help your child start a story stick.
5. Try to conduct your entire family dinner conversation in song.
6. Find a nearby sculpture walk or sculpture garden and tour it together.
7. Invest in a small box or bag of fabulous chocolates or truffles and indulge in them with your child as a special treat.
8. Go find some milkweed pods, cattails or other magical bits of nature to throw up into the wind.
9. Head to an ethnic store and see what sort of unusual foods and special trinkets you can find. We headed to a wonderful Asian market last week and found darling little sauce dishes for 25 cents each, some wonderful sauces and some seaweed for a certain girl who loves the stuff. We passed on this particular item though…
10. Mail your child a funny card.
And with that, chickadees, I’m off to catch up on some much-missed time in dream-land.
Have a magical week!