Happy Monday! Life can be pretty hectic this time of year. Here’s a few ways to slow down and make some memories together along the way. 🙂
1. Spend a dollar on a pack of rocket balloons and go fly them in a wide open space.
2. Tape yourselves dancing and being silly to favorite songs and then watch them on the TV or computer.
3. Make avocado pit pendants and carvings.
4. Have a sack race. Pillow cases work well. Everybody hop to the finish line. Older kids and grown ups can hop backwards.
5. Make tissue paper bowls.
6. Go on a quest for a really fabulous climbing tree (big old trees with at least one big horizontal branch are perfect) and then climb it and play on it together. If you like, have a snack in it too!
7. Go on a joking spree! Write out corny jokes on small pieces of paper and leave them for folks to find– on counters, in bathroom stalls, you name it.
8. Do some rolling pin painting.
9. Make mud pies. Put out some special tools if you can. We pick up little metal tart pans, ice cream scoops and other items for pennies at thrift stores and they really add to the fun.
10. Make a vision board for the new school year together. Gather up a bunch of old magazines, sheets of posterboard and scissors and glue. Have your children cut out words and pictures that represent things they want for the new year, then glue them onto the board. Encourage them to be optimistic and to dream big!
Have a magical week! Don’t forget to take care of you!