Happy Monday! I hope the weekend weather was as fabulous for your family as it was for ours. Here’s a few ways to have some fun with your kiddos this week….
1. Challenge the kids to make each other laugh as much as possible. Try for all out belly laughs, snorts and the type of giggles where you can’t catch your breath. If you can, catch it on tape to make you all laugh all over again later.
2. Throw a dinner party just for your family. Put out the good china and some delicious appetizers, set the table grandly and dress the part. Put on some music, light some candles and take your time enjoying your own company together.
3. Turn some old stuffed animals into puppets and put on a puppet show.
4. Take a ride on a bus, train, subway or other mode of transportation that is out of the ordinary for your child. It’s amazing how magical even a city bus can seem to a little person who hasn’t ridden one before!
5. Go hang out at a local science center or museum.
6. Make lunch in miniature — make tiny sandwiches, itsy bitsy salads, miniscule cookies and so on. Serve on tea party dishes and have seconds (and thirds and fourths…).
7. Write something random and silly halfway down the toilet paper roll and then roll it back up again.
8. Take advantage of what’s left of summer and head to the beach.
9. Write a letter to your child and slip it under her pillow.
10. Host a new food picnic. Ask each guest to bring one dish that’s unusual and tasty. See how many delicious new dishes you can discover, and just plain have fun.
And with that, my dears, I’m off to pack for an overnight visit to Grandma and Grandpa’s and a park date with some fabulous friends.
Have a magical week! Don’t forget to take care of you!