Happy Monday! Here’s a few ways to make some memories this week….
1. Throw a costume party picnic in the park or back yard.
2. Go rock climbing — the old fashioned way.
3. Wash the car together. It sounds like work to us, but it’s great fun for children!
4. Bury tiny treasures for the kids to find in the sandbox. Good choices include dragon tears (those flattened colored glass marbles florists use) and rocks that have been painted gold.
5. Buy a pack of old fashioned clothespins and make clothespin dolls.
6. Make a customized crossword puzzle for your child.
7. Alter a set of the kids’ sheets. Take a light colored, older sheet set and give the kids permanent markers to doodle, draw and otherwise personalize. This is the perfect way to give new life to stained or worn sheets!
8. Leave tasty treats for the squirrels and then hide somewhere and watch to see if they come snatch them.
9. Paint chalkboard paint on something unexpected so the kids can draw on it.
10. Have afternoon tea. Brew up a pot of something tasty, get out some wonderful china cups and cookies, and sit and be fancy together.
Have a wonderful week!