I’m writing this armed with a box of kleenex and lots of hot tea, doing my best to defeat some spring bug that has waylaid half our household (and pretty much losing). So I’ll get right to the good stuff!
Here’s a few super simple ways to make some magical memories with your kiddos this week…
1. Build sand castles.
2. Eat dinner with the good china, cloth napkins folded in fancy folds, candles and fancy glasses. If you like, collect mix and match fancy dishes from garage sales and thrift stores so there’s no guilt if anything breaks.
3. Do a messy paint craft. You get messy too. Revel in it!
4. Head to an abandoned lot or field and pick all the dandelions that have gone to seed and blow them all together.
5. Dance in the rain.
6. Or try to catch it in your mouth!
7. Declare a silly holiday, such as happy kisses day (every time you feel happy you have to grab a family member and give kisses), backwards clothes day, silly hat day and so on.
8. Go beach combing. Or park combing or empty lot combing….
9. Paint a picture, do a design or write a message on your child’s ceiling with glow in the dark paint.
10. Get snazzy haircuts and send the hair to help with the oil spill.
Note: despite the grown up hairstyle, the presence of a chocolate ice cream mustache. 🙂
And with that, chickadees, I’m off to find more tea!
Have a wonderful week.
Thanks for being you!
2 responses to “10 Ways to Make Today Magical”
I love it!! Lately we’ve been having a lot of “I Love You” days at our house. I don’t know who likes them more me or the kids, either way I’m hoping this phase lasts awhile.
Number seven is the most EXTRAORDINARY idea ever! Love them all, of course, but 7 has got to be at the top of my to-do list.