Happy Monday! It’s that time of the week again. Here’s another list of things to do with your kiddos to make some memories.
1. Go on a neighborhood treasure hunt.
2. Wake up an hour early and go for a breakfast picnic together before work and school. It doesn’t have to be anyplace fancy– up on the roof, in the stairwell, in the back yard or any place different.
3. Get out the hula hoops and see how long you can each keep them going. I can’t believe how much harder it is for me now than when I was a kid! It’s silly fun and you get a good workout too.
4. Give your children corners of the yard for their own gardens. They can plant easy seeds or purchased plants or even transplant plants from other parts of the yard. Even weeds can be treasured in a child’s garden!
5. Make up customized CD’s with songs with your children’s names in the titles, sentimental songs from when they were little and other sweet memories.
6. Make up some task treasures. Paint or write numbers on small round rocks or dragon’s tears. Write up a list of little tasks that correspond to each number. They can be educational (spell your name, say the 4 times tables), home related (sweep the stairs, wipe the counter), family related (tell me something good that happened today, say something nice about another family member) or silly (cluck like a chicken, spin in circles till you fall down). Add one special one for a treat your kids will really covet (an hour of doing anything you want with mom or dad, movie night, etc.). Kids can take turns drawing treasures and completing the assignments, and can do as many as they like to try to nab the prize one. My kids love even the chores, just because of the novelty of picking them out of a jar. 🙂 Change the master list as often as you like.
7. Have a tea party. Invite dolls and teddy bears if the kiddos like. Don’t forget to wear hats!
8. Leave your child a list of things you love about her on her pillow.
9. Go puddle stomping. No puddles? Hose down something that needs some spring cleaning and create your own.
10. Get out the face paints (or use makeup) and do clown faces on the kids. Then go on a walk and see how many smiles you get!
Have a magical week! Don’t forget to take care of you!