Happy Monday! Here’s another batch of fun stuff to do with the kiddos this week. If you have other ideas, please add them to the comments!
1. Make caterpillar pizzas.
2. Tie long ribbons to sticks and go ribbon dancing in the back yard.
3. Make some seed bombs and find an unloved place to launch them.
4. Transform unloved stuffed animals into hand puppets.
5. Help the kids make up a list of 20 (or more!) things they love about Daddy, Mommy or another loved one and hide them as a lovely surprise.
6. Help the birds get their nests ready by leaving short lengths of yarn, dryer lint (yes, it’s safe) and even hair from hairbrushes on your bushes and trees. Later take walks and see if you can spot nests from your gifts to the birds.
7. Have the kids use crayons or colored pencils to draw a picture on the back of each bill as you mail it in, plus decorate the envelope and write something cheerful. You might make someone else’s day magical as well.
8. Make some rain gutter ball mazes, or better yet set up a water system with these in the back yard!
9. Declare today a cozy day and wear cozy clothes, cook comforting foods, watch shows that cheer you all up, cuddle on the couch and otherwise make it a special, low-key day.
10. This one comes from Victoria. Today, I taught her how to weave grape vines and skinny dogwood limbs into wreaths and crowns. She wants to make lots of tiny ones and hang them on trees along paths at a nearby state park, for hikers to happen across. It sounds like whimsical fun to me!