Happy Monday! Here’s ten ways to have a little fun with your kiddos this week.
1. Make seed tapes. You can find instructions here.
2. If you’re in the right part of the country, go maple syrup tapping or even birch tree tapping. If not, check out some library books, make some maple syrup candy and otherwise savor this sweet treat your own ways.
3. Watch an Irish family film for St. Patrick’s Day. Two that I’ve heard are good are Into the West and The Secret of Roan Inish. If you’ve seen them or have any others to recommend, leave a note in the comments!
4. Go on a green walk together. Put on gloves and grab some garbage bags and help “green up” the neighborhood and get ready for spring by collecting litter. Celebrate afterwards with a walk to a coffee shop for a treat or cookies and milk at home.
5. Learn to draw some fun creatures. Here’s a free book to teach you and the kids how!
7. Warm up a rainy or dreary day with homemade hot chocolate on a stick.
8. Grab a bag of grass seed and some potting soil (or dirt from the back yard!) and fill any containers your hearts desire with dirt, seeds and a sprinkle of water. Put them in sunny spots and fill the house with green grass while you’re waiting for the outside to catch up. Be sure to let the kids trim the grass with safety scissors!
9. Mop the kitchen floor by letting the kids sock skate. Or take it a step farther like this family did and make some sponge skates. If you go for the mop hockey idea, I’d definitely recommend helmets though. 🙂
10. Got any Harry Potter fans? Make their day with homemade Butterbeer, complete with sugared rims on the glasses. Now if I could only figure out how to make those tiny brooms….
Have a magical week, people! Kiss your babies, count your blessings and don’t forget to pay attention. These kids grow up when we’re not looking.
Be extra wonderful to yourself too!