I have to make this quick, as we’re leaving early tomorrow morning for a couple of days out of town and I still have to finish packing.
We’re off to a nearby city for a sledding party tomorrow (complete with plans to build a giant snow alligator with green spray water!) and then on Tuesday the girls and I are attending a children’s writing conference while the boys hang out with Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa. It should be a fun couple of days.
So in the spirit of being quick, today’s list of ways to make the day magical are all quick too!
Note: Just because these are quick and easy for us grown ups does not mean they don’t still add magic to a child’s day!
- Blow bubbles. Billions. Set up a fan to help, if you can.
- Give hugs and kisses all day long. With every one, say another reason you adore your child.
- Bring your child flowers.
- Play hide and seek.
- Plant seeds in eggshell halves.
- Have a tea party.
- Play with matchbox cars together.
- Go rock hunting.
- Make paper dolls from cardstock and old magazines. Alternately, make paper monsters or paper robots (put on a car head, interchangeable torsos and so on).
- Go puddle stomping!
And with that, chickadees, I’m off! Have a magical week!