Welcome to March! I don’t know about you, but I’m thrilled to be one month closer to Spring. Here’s a few ways to celebrate with the kiddos this week…
- Go for a one-on-one walk at sunrise or sunset and just sit and watch the view and talk. Try to find a great lookout spot like a hilltop or roof. Bring a treat to munch as you go.
- Repurpose a kitchen gadget for an art tool or a play prop. For instance, let the kids use that salad spinner you never use for paint crafts or the garlic press with playdough. Raid your stash of neglected tools and find some neat stuff to play with.
- Have a Seuss-inspired day in honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday Tuesday.
- Just in time for March, take part in the 100-Books-a-Month-Challenge.
- Have a “dress like a rock star day” and have everybody wear their best rock star outfits, hairstyles and attitudes for lunch or supper. Parents too!
- Mail your children cards in the mail, just because.
- Put a Blogging Without Obligation button on your blog and take time off to play with the kids. xxxxxxxx
- Start a daily art or photography challenge with the kids. Each day or week, pick a theme (blue, wet, many…) and try to snap photos that represent that word or create a piece of art or a poem that represents it. Start a family Flickr page or blog to document your creations.
- Write a list of 50 things you love about your child and hide it somewhere to be discovered later.
- Buy or make small treats for the kids and lead them on a scavenger hunt to find them. Leave a different first clue for each child that lead to separate prizes at the end.
Got any fun plans with the kiddos? Done anything fun lately? Let us know in the comments!
Have a magical week!