Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Here’s a fun ways to make some magical memories with the kiddos this week…
- Make a catapult and let your little one launch pom poms and soft balls across the room.
- Have dictionary day. Each person gets to randomly open the dictionary and put a finger on a random word without looking at it. Whatever word is picked becomes the theme for the next hour. Whatever the word is, you can act it out, have snacks related to it, try to work it into a poem, you name it. Each person is allowed a few do-overs in cases of tough or boring words.
- Go buy some discounted heart-shaped boxes of candy, eat the chocolates and do crafts and activities with the boxes.
- If you’ve had a bunch of snow, go for a walk together to find one of those snow mountains that snow plow make when they push the snow to the end of the block. Play king of the mountain and climb, slide and explore it together. Then go home and have hot cocoa.
- Give the kids straws to make their own construction (or conSTRAWction) set creations.
- For another angle, find a deck of cards that’s a few cards short and cut it to make a card construction set. This is a much easier way to make a house of cards than the traditional way, though older kids can try their hands at that type too!
- Let your daughter try on your wedding dress, just to imagine together. Take pictures.
- Make no-sew felt fortune cookies and slip fun fortunes inside for the kids to discover. Or involve the kids in making up silly fortunes and make them to give to friends.
- Make snow ice cream. Mix together 1/2 cup of whipping cream or cream of choice, 1 TBS sugar and 2-3 drops vanilla. Slowly stir in 1-3 cups of clean snow, a little at a time, till it’s the right consistency. You can adjust ingredients to suit your taste and experiment with flavors like cinnamon, butterscotch, lemon extract and eggnog.
- Make a card table fort. It doesn’t have to be fancy like the one I posted the other day. A sheet and a lantern can make for a magical hideaway. Climb in and join in the fun. Even better, bring snacks!
And with that, I’m off to snuggle with my sweetie and have some ice cream.
Have a magical week!