Here’s a pile of free and easy ways to turn a lazy day fun…
* Make an obstacle course of couch cushions and stray objects in the living room.
* Play charades.
* Give kids a screwdriver and let them take apart broken phones and other gadgets.
* Alter a book.
* Challenge the kids to fill a laundry basket with something representing every letter of the alphabet. The catch? It has to be out of place already. Afterwards, put it all away and fill it with 10 blue things and so on. (Shhh, don’t mention this is eerily similar to cleaning.)
* Mix tempera paint with a little liquid dish soap and let the kids paint a fall decoration on a window.
* Teach them a new card game.
* Paint rocks, sticks or pine cones outside.
* Turn a large box into a post office, rocket ship, puppet theater, boat….
(Add your own!)