for things you want to read, do and get back to
when you surf the web?
Here’s 10 links that have slowed down my browsing lately.
1. Books for Treats encourages folks to hand out books instead of candy.
My mother did that when I was a kid.
I was so embarrassed.
The kids were always thrilled.
Even the big kids.
2. I just wrote an article about MilkShare
and think it is one of the niftiest organizations ever.
They match up moms with extra breast milk
with moms whose babies need it.
You can look for moms in your town or ship it
(recipients pay the costs).
What a fantastic way to use extra milk
and help a baby thrive.
3. I love the idea of using some of our new pumpkin puree
to make these pumpkin pancakes. Yum!
4. I want to make this monster flesh with the kids tomorrow.
It looks super fun
(especially when you pour vinegar on it!)
and there’s no Borax in it.
Most of you know how I feel about having children play with Borax.
Be sure to read the "why it works" page!
5. Necco Wafers are going all natural.
I’m all for any candies that don’t have artificial dyes and flavors!
They’re fun for making gingerbread houses too.
6. Speaking of candy, I wrote up
10 things to do with extra Halloween candy.
I’ve been told that there’s no such thing
as extra Halloween candy
but I’m all for at least finding another use for the stuff nobody really likes.
7. These sweet felt tissue cases from Martha Stewart
look like such a great holiday gift for the kids to make!
Victoria wants to make some ASAP.
8. Okay, another pumpkin recipe,
this time for pumpkin spice cookies.
What is it about fall that makes me pumpkin crazy?
It’s written for vegans and non, too.
9. I’m dyeing to do this fun craft with the kids soon. 😉
10. Look at these gorgeous leaves!
We have to do this craft too.
Wouldn’t they look lovely in a window?
And with that, chickadees, I’m off to bring two bowls of ice cream
to bed with my sweetie.
Any sites clogging up all your browser windows lately?