Sorry this is late! We’re at Grandma & Grandpa’s house for a couple of days and I had to wait in line for a computer turn. :)
10 Ways to Make Today Magical…
1. Let the kids arrange some 2×4 boards on the lawn in a funky pattern or their initials. Wait a few days and let the sun "brand" your lawn. The covered area will be brown in the shape the kids made. Don’t worry, it’s temporary. The grass will green up again soon after.
2. Make a celebration cake "just because." Add candles and too much brightly colored icing. If you want, go all out and eat it with your hands.
3. Give your kids facials. Include a slow, circular face massage with cleansing lotion followed by a warm washcloth soak. Follow that with a masque (there are great recipes online) while you sit and talk. Finish with a light moisturizer in a delicious scent.
4. Make up a family dance line routine.
5. Have a sidewalk parade with neighborhood kids.
6. Visit thrift shops for an old piece of furniture and repaint it together. Make it as whimsical, funky or dramatic as they like.
7. Dedicate a song to your child on the radio.
8. Have a watermelon seed spitting contest outside.
9. Take apart a cheap wall clock and let the kids decorate the face before putting it back up. For little ones, do painted hand prints.
10. Invent a recipe together. Make up a standard cookie, cake or pancake recipe and then brainstorm on things to add. Write it all down in a family cookbook as you go (with measurements) & afterwards write suggestions on improvements for next time. One of the most fun parts is you get to come up with your own name for your recipe– that and getting to eat it all up. 🙂
And with that, I’m off in search of caffeine and something terribly unhealthy. Have a magical week!