I’m a big fan of busywork for kids. Bored kids get into trouble. Busy kids are easier to keep happy! 🙂
Here’s one way I keep Jack occupied while I’m busy with Alex or we’re waiting at the doctor or just buying time so I relax a bit. Doodle assignments!
I have him find some paper and any kind of pens, crayons or pencils and then I give him a creative assignment to draw.
Here’s some examples for all ages and all kinds of kids:
- Draw a brand new kind of animal that nobody has ever seen before.
- Draw a dream castle in the sky.
- Draw whatever kind of robot you want, with features to do whatever nifty things you can think up.
- Draw a fantasy wedding dress.
- Draw the winning entry in the "Wackiest Hairstyle Contest."
- Draw a fighter pilot uniform from the year 2200.
- Draw a really silly cat.
- Draw a new kind of flower.
- Draw the world’s coolest hamster habitat.
Here’s Jack’s version of an alien, with as many eyes, arms and antennae as he wanted. He named him Bob. 🙂