Hello magical you! I’m up late and ready to climb into bed so I’m (mostly) stealing today’s list from June of 7 years ago, complete with assignments for the week. This time of year it’s fun to do nighttime magic so it’s a nocturnal theme this time…
10 Ways to Make Tonight Magical…….
1. Put glow-in-the-dark bracelets in balloons and blow them up, then play volleyball with them in the dark.
2. Set up a tent in the back yard and sleep under the stars.
3. Go plant a packet of seeds in the moonlight — folklore said it was good luck!
4. Have a slumber party in the living room or guest room.
5. Put old baby videos in the VCR at bedtime and fall asleep cuddling and watching them.
6. String Christmas lights in their bedrooms.
7. Get glow-in-the-dark paint and help the kids write secret messages & pictures on the ceiling.
8. Start reading a few chapters a night from your favorite childhood book at bedtime.
9. Dance with them (and your sweetie) on the lawn after dark.
10. Go on a late-night trip to the donut shop.
And now my dears, I’m off to read Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash with a little girl, make some goodies, and go for a rainy day walk.
This week your assignment is to eat chocolate, do an anonymous nice thing for somebody, and take at least a minute every day to make the day memorable.
Or just have fun. 🙂