10 Ways to Make Today Magical…..
1. If you have snow, invite the kids to make giant "tracks" to attach to their snow boots. Cut strange looking feet out of a large cardboard box and cut two holes in the bottom to tie them on. Tie around each boot and have the kids tromp through the snow leaving their wacky tracks. If your tots are too little, do it yourself and then surprise them with the mystery footprints.
2. Buy or make a greeting card for your child saying how much you love her, just because. Leave it someplace for her to find in private.
3. Go sledding inside! Get out a big towel and drag the kids around the kitchen floor. Kids can pull each other around, too.
4. Go to the dollar store and let your child pick out a beautiful, unique glass or mug to be his own for family meals.
5. Hang art, photos and souvenirs on the insides of all the cupboards for an instant smile.
6. Make a list of 50 things you love about your child and read it to him or slip it in his backpack.
7. Let the kids paint fun scenes or designs on the bottoms of their shoes. (To protect the rest of the shoe, slip it through a plastic bag with an oval cut out just smaller than the sole and tape in place.)
8. Get together some graham crackers, peanut butter or soybutter and a variety of bird seeds and nuts and make a "gingerbread house" for the birds and squirrels. Assemble like a regular house with peanut butter as the icing/glue. Take a picture of your masterpiece and then leave it where it’s visible from inside so you can watch to see who visits.
9. Get glow in the dark paint and help the kids write secret messages and pictures on their ceilings.
10. Check out some books, musicals or other performances on tape or CD from your local library and play them while you make supper together each evening– or at least one evening a week. Take turns getting to choose what to pick and be adventurous!