I hope you and your kiddos are weathering the heat all right. We’re wilting a bit here!
Here’s a few ways to make some magic this week…
1. Play water limbo. Hold a hose lower and lower as kids try to limbo under it. Alternately, play water hurdle and hold it higher and higher for them to jump!
2. Play glow-in-the-dark bowling! Put glowsticks in recycled water bottles with water. Line them up on the driveway or sidewalk and roll a baseball at them.
3. Have a robot day! Katherine Marie has a ton of fabulous ideas to make it fun.
4. Try to carry on tonight’s dinner conversation entirely in rhyme!
5. Start a collage wall someplace that needs cheering up. It can be part of a wall, the side of a dresser, inside a closet door, you name it. Years ago, I made a collage of beautiful flowers and gardens on part of my bedroom wall during a very sad and dreary time. I loved waking up to my paper garden instead of the gray outside! I used rubber cement and it rubbed right off afterwards (check first with whatever you use!). Kids can collage goals, funny pictures, animals, pictures of loved ones, you name it.
6. Challenge the kids to make each other laugh as much as possible. Try for all out belly laughs, snorts and the type of giggles where you can’t catch your breath. If you can, catch it on tape to make you all laugh all over again later.
7. Put glow in the dark ice cubes or rocks in the kiddie pool for some magical after-dark splashing.
8. Start a parent-child journal. Get a blank book and write a letter to your child on the first pages. Leave it for her on her bed to write back. Pass it back and forth until it’s full.
9. Have some silly fun with altered grapes.
10. Interview your child on video about who he is right now — favorite foods, best friends, hobbies, etc. Ask him to tell a joke, sing a song and otherwise really show off who he is at this age. Save it in a safe place and try to do at least one a year.
And with that, my sweets, I’m off in search of air conditioning! Summer heat and pregnancy are not an easy mix without it, I’ve discovered! :)
Have a magical week!