Happy Monday! Looking to make some fun and easy memories with your little (or big) ones this week? Here’s a few ideas…..
1. Go walking in the rain. Or drizzle, if your rain dance doesn’t work.
2. Visit the humane society and volunteer to brush cats, exercise kittens and take dogs for walks. They’re generally happy to have extra help and the animals love the attention.
3. Decide on a totally silly word or saying to say when you answer the phone. A friend of ours absentmindedly answered the phone recently with “Three!” and the kids and I found it so hilarious we vowed to do the same. Hint: caller ID makes this much easier to do without too much harm or embarrassment.
4. Go off the beaten path, literally, and explore somewhere you’ve never been before.
5. Play an old fashioned game with your kids like marbles, hopscotch or jacks.
6. Grab a pack of colorful sidewalk chalk and head out to make the world more cheerful. Have the kids leave happy faces, sweet notes, rainbows, silly cat faces, flowers, goofy aliens, you name it, in various places just to make people smile.
7. Play mud tag.
8. Get a DVD of a favorite TV series from your childhood from Netflix or the library and watch it with your kids. Prepare to feel old and cheesy.
9. Plant a row of sunflowers and see if you can get them to grow taller than the kids. Even better, see if you can get them to grow taller than you!
10. Make a bean teepee for the kids. This year we really must finally get to this project!
Have a magical week!